Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

my hair loss success story

If you manage to stop your hair loss and would like to share your experience with us, you are most welcome to share it. You can also provide before and after pictures.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

my hair loss success story

Postby stig20 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Hello guys/girls. Im 24 years old and i have been battling hair loss since the age of maybe 20-21.I just wanted to come on here and share my story with everyone so people can have a read and maybe adopt my approach towards combatting hair thinning/receding hair. The first signs that i had was one night after i showered.I dried my hair like normal and i started to notice a couple of hairs lying in the inside of my sink unit.I ran my fingers through my scalp and more hair was falling out :/ For some reason i got lost in time and before i knew it i had been standing there for atleast 2 mins rubbing my scalp.I looked down and it was clear to see that my hair was shedding. I panicked and began to be upset.

I knew i had to do something. i researched into hair loss on the internet i.e youtube,google. I read into minoxidil and propecia as they are both MHRA approved. I bought both of these.To my dissapointment, i started shedding MORE hair about a month after starting my treatment.i thought about stopping and throwing both drugs out the window!..waste of money...cant believe i fell for that one! But i looked into it on the internet and found out that shedding hair when starting treatment was a good sign because the existing hairs on my head would be allowed to fall out in order for new, stronger and darker hairs to creep through.After 3 months i noticed a positive change..but not too much. At times i had to stop using both propecia and minoxidil as it was costing me way too much money to keep forking out.When i stopped the treatment my hair would start thinning again :(

About a year ago, i was looking at forums for hair loss and stumbled across a comment regarding new FDA approved treatments. Someone mentioned using the hairmax lasercomb, and that the results were unbelievable. I researched into this device by typing it in google.I watched the youtube videos, read the articles and did this in great detail.At the end of this i was sold on the idea, however i have never been the optimistic type. My hair was falling out, and i was desperate to regrow it, no matter what. Iv been using this hairmax lasercomb for a year. I use it in durations of 12-15 mins 3 times a week. I still use propecia and minoxidil alongside this ( finasteride 1mg per day.minoxidil topical solution once per day) i also take herbal supplements including biotin,msm,saw palmetto complex,magnesium and a B vitamin complex)

This strict and consistent regeime has restored quite a lot of hair for me!im so happy with the results. I now have darker,longer,thicker and stronger hair.i know i must continue this and never become complacent

Im not here to sell anything or give anyone false hope.I am here to tell you MY story and explain that if i can do it,why cant anybody else?I know how it feels to lose your hair and your mates laff at you.Its painful and it gets you down.It can bring your confidence to an all time low,give you stress and anxiety issues and just generally make you feel down and depressed. I dont want that n i wouldnt want other people to go through that so this is why ime sharing my story n hopefully if you were to adopt my approach even to an extent, then it can bring happiness and confidence back into your life like it has mine.

Another thing is, ime not here to sell anything. i havnt told u which brand minoxidil i use and i only said propecia. But then again, i would NOT buy the generic version because iv heard its not even finasteride!youve got to know what youre putting in your body so make sure its the real stuff.The hairmax lasercomb across the internet has very mixed reviews, but doesnt that go for anything you see on the internet?I bet you couldnt name me a single thing on the internet or even a single person on this earth who hasnt got positive and negative feedback. I bought it n it was £300..its worked for me WITH CONSISTENT USE! Again im not here to sell you it. Dont buy it if you dont want to, infact if you dont want to do any of what i have done then dont? Its your hair and your life so you do what you feel is right.

If you have any questions about me or anything i have said then please get in touch,i want to help people

Thankyou
stig20

Re: my hair loss success story

Postby ThomasGimbel » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank For Sharing us this Post.
ThomasGimbel

Postby hassanmehmood » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Your post is very amazing for hair loss success story..
hassanmehmood

Postby stephaniebeth1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Great post! Pleased for you
stephaniebeth1

Postby AnnaS » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:10 am

Thanks for sharing your amazing story. It is really helpful and and also gives hope to others.
AnnaS

Postby mania » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:51 pm

Such a lovely way to describe your success story that could be really help for those who have the same type of hair loss ..
mania

Postby FrankP » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:46 am

i am glad that your hair is growing in much stronger and fuller than before and I am also glad that you were able to share your story with all of us. Having been through the process of hair loss myself, I know just how challenging it can be to open up about it so I thank you for being brave enough to do so. Also thanks for the tips on the products, I will check out some videos on them and see if they happen to work out for me :)
FrankP

Postby welfareabroadturkey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks for sharing.
welfareabroadturkey

Postby mania » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 am

It's nice to discuss about the success sotry how you recover your hair it's simply very finominal for the those are suffering from hair loss and looking to get rid of it there are many procesure and treatment of hair loss one of them is the hair transplant surgery it's very admiring in the recent days as it's produced the best restuls for more details visit best hair transplant clinic Islamabad ..
mania

Return to Stoping Hair Loss - The Success Stories