Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

What is finesteride? any particular side effects ???

Do not hesitate to add your questions to Frequently Asked Questions about Propecia. We will try to provide prompt answers to all your quries here.

Moderator: frank

What is finesteride? any particular side effects ???

Postby sam4u » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi all , Has any research actually been done about men loosing their hair? Does anyone know what the causes are and if any medication can be taken to help. I was also wondering what is finesteride and what are the side effects of using finesteride? Are propecia and finesteride same thing?
sam4u

Re: What is finesteride? any particular side effects ???

Postby AndyH » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Finasteride is a the active ingredient in such drugs like Proscar, Propecia, Fincar, Finpecia, Finax, Finast, Finara, Finalo, Prosteride, Gefina, Appecia. It is a synthetic antiandrogen which acts by inhibiting type II 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. It is used as a treatment in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in low doses, and prostate cancer in higher doses. In addition 1mg of finasteride is used to increase hair growth in male pattern hair loss.
AndyH

Re: What is finesteride? any particular side effects ???

Postby andyking » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 am

sam4u wrote:Hi all , Has any research actually been done about men loosing their hair? Does anyone know what the causes are and if any medication can be taken to help. I was also wondering what is finesteride and what are the side effects of using finesteride? Are propecia and finasteride same thing?

Finasteride is generic form of Hair loss medicine Propecia. Let me explain my story. I'm 40 and have a hair loss problem since last 5 yrs. I tried many drugs, shampoos, gels and creams and finally I settled for Propecia Finasteride. Propecia is the best medicine for hair loss. It certainly has some side effects, mainly decreasing sex drive. However as our body gets used to the medication, side effects disappear. I'm using Propecia for year and half. I too had some side effects like decreasing sexual desire in the beginning and as my body got used to it slowly, most of the side effects disappeared. As per my experience Propecia is long term medication and it should be continued at least for six months. After year and a half, today 80% of my receding hairline disappeared with negligible side effects.

As I am buying propecia from emedoutlet, I have recd 15% discount coupon. The discount coupon number is 5234E. If any one of you want to buy propecia and want to take benifit of 15% discount, you can try this coupon code. I believe it should work for you also. These guys are best in quality and fast in delivery. Propecia 1mg costs $ 16/- for ONE MONTHS OF SUPPLY - Just go for it and save 15% on Propecia purchase...
andyking

Return to Propecia FAQ