Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Do I have Calcium build up on scalp?

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

Do I have Calcium build up on scalp?

Postby Hirsute » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi

Male 43, and in the past year I have noticed receding/thinning at temples.

Also began noticing substantial amounts of hair in plug and also hair coming off easily when hair was wet.

I have quite long hair with centre parting and I've convinced myself that the parting area now reveals more scalp than before and that the top of my head feels thinner than a year ago.

Have been using procerin for past 4 months and have been experiencing a very itchy scalp. I try to minimise the amount I wash it, but even when using T-gel for a month, it got too much after a couple of days and I would be clawing at my scalp all over.

As a side problem, I had also been suffering from canker type sores on my tongue for about a year and this was eventually managed when I changed toothpaste to a brand without sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). I then found out that SLS is EVERYWHERE, particularly in soaps and shampoos, and can cause skin irritation and hair loss.

I checked the ingrediants of T-gel and it was there too. Basically, SLS causes skin irritation, however I was able to cope with it for years, so why now am I sensitive to it? I think a long stressful period at work (about 6 months prior to me noticing hair loss and canker sores) may have triggered an effect within my immune system or akin.

After some research, I decided to bin shampoo and go with cider vinegar and the occasional baking soda wash (check it out, it's more popular than you'd think). This seems to have reduced the small itchy sores I had on my scalp and reduced the scratching quite a lot.

I now feel as though there are"numb" patches over my scalp which are thick and flaky.

Even when I try to pick the flakes away with a pin, I can even feel the pin against my scalp. Its in areas at the front, but mainly at my crown. It feels as though there is a layer of dead skin on top of my scalp.

My question is basically this, do I have an excess of calcium build up on my scalp, and if so, how do I safely go about removing it so that it does not prevent hair from sprouting out under it.

I do not want to return to shampoo as I believe the ingredients to be counter productive to me at the moment.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Hirsute

Re: Do I have Calcium build up on scalp?

Postby mania » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 am

Well I think you need to contact the dermatologist and discussed your desire problem . I hope the physician will advice you the best ..
mania

Return to Hair Loss Discussions