Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

25 year old female

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

25 year old female

Postby Elma1985 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi there, I am new to the forum world and I really want to share my hair loss issues with you. I'm 25 and I have been losing my hair since I was about 18. It started very gradual on my parting and over time it was becoming quite sparse. When I was about 20, I visited the belgravia centre who gave me a course of Minioxidil to try, it worked at first and I was very pleased however the application twice a day was marignally annoying, but hey it was working so what the hell. I continued to use it for a few up to 18 months and then noticed my hair was getting worse and it appeared that the Minixodil had stopped working. I then went back to Belgravia and tried a course of the 12% cream but again - no joy!!

I went to my doctors to have all the usual blood tests done but everything came back as normal. So as time went by I just put up with the thinning, i used to wear my hair scraped up all the time and in styles that your would never notice I had thinning hair!

When I was about 23 I was sick of wearing my hair up but the thinning was too noticeable on the top of my head not to, until I came across Nanogen. I read a story in a sunday magazine in which Dr Hilary (the Dr off GMTV) suggested Nanaogen Nanofibres. So i gave it a try. 2 years on and it has helped so much with my confidence. You can order it in the colour to match your hair colour and you simply sprinkle it onto the thinning areas, gently pat it down then spray it with hairspray....no-one would ever know I have a problem.

So as a 'camouflage' solution, it works wonders but it does not stop me from losing my hair. As the shedding is none stop and appears to be 'diffuse thinning' all over, I recently decided to speak with a Trichologist in London - I explained to him my full story and he advised he could help me. He was amazed to see how bad my hair was which really upset me! He advised it could either be Chronic Telogen Effluvium or Androgentic Alopecia. He wanted me to visit his salon every week to have treatment (laser hair comb etc),,,for this he wanted £35 a time but this also meant I had to pay for travel in and out of london which is another £20 on top. Now i'm not sure about any of you guys out there but how could I afford to do that with actually no evidence that it will be worth it anyway...so I gave that a miss and went back to my doctor.

I had been on the contraceptive pill since I was about 17 and as many of these suggest this can be a cause of hair loss so he advised me to come off it (which i have done) and then he will conduct more tests on me such as hormone imbalance etc...if this still shows there is nothing wrong, he suggested he would refer me to a dermatologist! So this is the stage I am currently at! I have been off the pill for 2 and a half months, my hair continues to shed and I am now at the point where if i lose anymore i'm going to have none left!! The trauma I have been through I'm sure any women with my problem reading this can relate to....

- I dread having a shower
- Combing my hair
- Counting the hairs that fall out each day
- Crawl around the carpet in my bedroom on my hands and knees collecting my hairs with tears rolling down my face
- Cry myself to sleep

Luckily i have a fantastic partner who has really helped me and slowly I'm beginning to realise that my hair is what it is...if the dermatlogist can find the underlying cause then bouns but for the time being I just cope with it. I find regular exercise helps me and makes me feel good about myself! As i continue to 'camouflage' my issue people wouldn't even know there was anything wrong with me! So if anyone out there hasnt tried Nanaogen Nanofibres then please do!

Thanks for taking the time to read my story and I will update you on any progress over the months that go by ;)
Elma1985

Re: 25 year old female

Postby dawn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi
the cover up's as you say do hide the thinning, however i think you'll find this is a temporary solution, i used toppik for a while and it done the job ok.
I now wear a partial hair system, it has given me my life back, regained my confidence and i enjoy life again.
dawn

Postby JeremyFinnimore » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 am

Hello Elma, A company in Thailand has recently developed a 100% herbal remedy for all levels of hair loss with no adverse side effects! I work for them.
JeremyFinnimore

Postby admin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Elma

I would suggest you visit a Doctor in hair a"trichologist" you should be able to find one in your area by visiting
http://www.trichologists.org.uk which is an official website with Doctors unlike Belgravia who have a bad rep.

There you can get proper test done for hair loss, which are not done in your local G.Ps surgery, once you have got your results you can go from there

Depending on your test results if you go to see a trichologist thats is, you may want to enquire about Dianette or Spironolactone which are for Female hair loss.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeffreyn » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:04 am

hi good information sharing about your real life these real life stories give us knowledge about real problem not just suppose.
Jeffreyn

Postby mania » Fri May 17, 2019 6:38 am

This is very nice that you have share and discuss about your personal experice and life with us I think you being very lucky to have such a lovling partner . I think the for instead you problem would be solove of hair thinning and hair loss but it is not the permanent solution of baldness for this you have to consult restoration clinic . for the those who can visit or livling in Pakistan they can visit best restoration hair clinic in Pakistan for best results and consultation...
mania

Return to Hair Loss Discussions