Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Propecia: cost and availability

Propecia UK is a product by Mereck and has been successfuly used for hair loss treatment. Discussions on Propecia, How Propecia works and what was your experience with Propecia.

Moderator: frank

Propecia: cost and availability

Postby hair1000 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:57 am

Hi, i have recently decided to do something about my hair loss but dont know too much about propecia except that it can stop hair loss and possibly regrow hair.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me where/how i go about getting propecia (eg: online or through a doctor), do you need a prescription and jus how much it will cost me say 4 example, a period of 6 months to try it out????/

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :)
hair1000

Re: Propecia: cost and availability

Postby steve » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Depends where you are?

Im in the UK and Ive been using http://www.hairtreatment4u.co.uk
they have provided good service for me so far.
steve

Postby frank » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:48 am

Buying generic is not a good idea due to the health risks associated with the drugs from unknown and unregulated sources. Do not risk your health. If you live in the UK, you should always try contacting a UK based clinic.
frank

Postby fingerscrossed » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:03 pm

You pay £70 for a months supply? Is this how much it always costs? How much does it cost if you get it on prescription in the UK?
fingerscrossed

Postby grizzlybear » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 pm

hi all , im new to the site , im 27 and i have been losing my hair very slowly for the last 10 years , 2 of my brothers have lost there hair and i fear its me next so i want to try and do something about it, i have been looking up treatments online and was even considering a transplant , but i have just read about 2 drugs , one called finasteride, and one called dutasteride , would anyone please give me some advise on the difference and the best place to purchase them , as you read about people buying fake tablets all the time , also if anyone has an opinion on the side effects from both of the above drugs , thanks very much in advance for any replys .. pleaaaaassssseeee
grizzlybear

Postby admin » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:33 pm

grizzlybear wrote:hi all , im new to the site , im 27 and i have been losing my hair very slowly for the last 10 years , 2 of my brothers have lost there hair and i fear its me next so i want to try and do something about it, i have been looking up treatments online and was even considering a transplant , but i have just read about 2 drugs , one called finasteride, and one called dutasteride , would anyone please give me some advise on the difference and the best place to purchase them , as you read about people buying fake tablets all the time , also if anyone has an opinion on the side effects from both of the above drugs , thanks very much in advance for any replys .. pleaaaaassssseeee

There is only one hair loss product on the market today which works. And that is propecia.. Regaine to honest is not very good and only works on a very small percentage of men...
admin
Site Admin

Postby namratasnv » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi,

It is much affordable for you to buy Propecia as it is available to you at many places and even if you are staying at some other country than you can simply buy online at much affordable rates through shipping.

Thanks
namratasnv

Postby Mac009 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:43 pm

I read most of the posts and I would like to share my experience on Propecia. I'm 35 and have a hair loss problem since last 5 yrs. I tried many drugs, shampoos, gels and many other drugs and i settled for Propecia Finasteride since last two years. Propecia is the best medicine for hair loss. Propecia works differently with different people. It certainly has some side effects and these side effects disappears as our body gets used to the medication. I'm using Propecia for year and half. I too had side effects in the beginning and as my body got used to it slowly, most of the side effects disappeared. My experience says Propecia is long term medication and it should be continued at least for six months.

After year and a half, today 80% of my receding hairline disappeared with negligible side effects.
Mac009

Postby spex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Guys, some may know me from various other boards.

My old Gp can help you out - He prescribes Proscar and DUT to many guys in the UK. Very cheap too.
Info on my site here:( no links please)

Best regards
Spex
spex

Postby admin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:25 am

These Prices are for Propecia from Hair Treatment4u

1 months Propecia (finasteride) 28 tablets £ 65.50
2 months Propecia (finasteride) 56 tablets £ 123.50
3 months Propecia (finasteride) 84 tablets £ 149.95
6 months Propecia (finasteride) 168 tablets £ 285.50
admin